On Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17, 2017, the City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department will be collecting storm debris. This collection will be conducted based on the following neighborhoods:
- Nottingham Forest
- Memorial Glen
- Fonn Villas
- Gessner, Memorial
- Briar Park corridors
Residents will need to have all debris curbside by 7 a.m. on the designated day of collection listed above for their area. Items should be segregated into six (6) piles away from fire hydrants, mailboxes, power lines and other objects that will hamper safe pickup.
Debris separation piles:
- Normal Household Trash – Normal household trash and bagged debris of any kind will not be picked up with debris as part of this program. You should continue to follow your normal garbage schedule.
- Vegetative Debris – leaves (do not put in bags), logs, plants, tree branches.
- Construction & Demolition Debris – building materials, carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses and plumbing.
- Appliances & White Goods – air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers and water heaters.
- Electronics – computers, radios, stereos, televisions, other devices with a cord.
- Household Hazardous Waste – cleaning supplies, batteries, lawn chemical, oils, oil-based paints, stains and pesticides.
Also, remove all parked vehicles from the streets when debris crews are working in your neighborhood. Debris should be placed close to the side of the road away from mailboxes, trees, meters, fire hydrants and other structures. Please do not place debris in the roadway. If debris crews are unable to pass safely along the streets, they will not be able to remove your debris.
Click here for more information.