The Women’s Club was formed in May of 1969 for the women of the Parish.
Our mission is to:
- Provide a setting for socializing
- Inspire spiritual growth
- Engage in charitable works
- Serve our Parish
Read on to get an idea of what we are about.
- Our meetings are on the first Wednesday of the month from September through May, held in the Adult Lounge of the Activity Center.
- Our guest speakers address topics which are spiritually and socially relevant.
- We plan one or two bus trips to area places of interest to the membership.
- We have an annual card/games party, the proceeds of which added to our dues, fund our charitable giving.
- We co-host a Day of Pray in the Lenten season with the other women’s groups in the parish.
- We participate in the Northwest Deanery of Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women.
- We have Catholic Clerical Student Fund (CCSF) Mass Cards available which support the Seminarians at St. Mary’s Seminary.
- We attend a Mass at St. Mary’s Seminary, followed by lunch with the Seminarians.
- We donate gift-filled shoe boxes to the Seaman’s Center at Christmas.
- Our members assist with various activities in the parish including the Bazaar and Parish Dinners.
Come as a guest anytime and we hope you would like to join us as a member. You will find information on our activities in the church bulletin and on the website calendar.
For more information, please email us at: SJVWomensClub@gmail.com