The goal of our Christmas Assistance Program is to not only feed the bodies of those in need at Christmas, but to feed their souls as well. As much as we want to delight children with Christmas toys, we also want to share the joy and Good News about the birth of our Savior. Here in Social Ministries, we have worked very hard to incorporate the true meaning of Christmas in everything that we do for our families in need. Learn more about the SJV Christmas Program.
The Christmas Season will soon be upon us. During this time of year, the number of people in need of assistance increases. Please help us continue to feed and assist those in need within our parish during this season of hope.
We particularly need:
- Gift cards (small denominations of $20, please)
- New & labeled gifts (especially for teens)
- New winter clothing, caps, socks, & diapers for infants and toddlers
- New winter clothing (particularly jackets, coats, sleeping bags, and blankets)
- Holiday foods (cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy mix, dessert mixes, canned pumpkin, etc.)
You can drop these off any time from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm weekdays at the Social Ministries Office, preferably by December 13, in time for our Christmas program for children and families.
Volunteers of all ages needed! To volunteer with the Christmas Program, please contact Glorivel at 281.497.4434.